2013 Planting Bees – 10 am to noon – 4th Sunday of month
For 2013, we have over 3000 natives to plant – please pencil in the 4th Sunday of each month from April to July.
|Date||Activity (Sundays 10-am-noon)||Meeting Place (See below for list of things to bring)|
|26 May 2013||Planting bee – wetland||Glade Place Bridge|
|23 June 2013||Planting bee – wetland||Dudding Park – corner by Seaview Ave|
|28 July 2013||Planting bee – wetland||Le Roy Tce|
NOTE: for any events, please check the web page https://sites.google.com/site/leroysbushauckland/what-s-coming-up for any late changes to plans or postponements (or on the day, ring/text Keith 021-240-9414).
We suggest you bring the items shown in bold:
- your favourite spade (please clean it – esp if you have been in an area where Kauri Dieback may occur)
- gumboots or robust old shoes (for working in the wetland, tall gumboots are warmly recommended)
- thorn & waterproof gloves (see notes below)
- secateurs and/or folding saw
- suitable hat & clothing for conditions – we recommend long sleeves and trouser legs to prevent scratches from “cutty grass” or nips from the occasional bee or wasp
- water bottle/ snacks/ sunscreen/ insect repellent to suit your needs
- Re gloves: we recommend when working in the wetland the sort that have plastic or rubber all over – they come in blue, red, green etc and cost from about $5 to $7